Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Familia Automotive in Stockton
Emissions And Smog Testing
General Auto Repair Services
Found these guys after a previous mechanic misdiagnosed my issue. They fixed my van in just a few hours. They were kind, professional and fast. After I drove off, my van was driving so much better. Definitely would trust them to continue working on my van.
Great people who were able to fix our headlights and get us back on the road in an hour. Grateful to have stumbled upon this establishment and will be sure to come back with any other car concerns.
Familia Automotive is the best in town, I HIGHLY recommend going here If you have any car problems. The Owner Klent is honest, well mannered, respectful, and so are other workers there. You'll leave a happy and satisfied customer Thank you guys and the Owner Klent on getting my car back right!
I had nothing but the best experience with Familia. I will recommend this business to all my friends and relatives. They honest and trustworthy. Very friendly and professional. So nice to have young professional doing great work!
Went in to have my brakes and rotors replaced, they gave me a complimentary inspection and a reasonable estimate (another shop quoted me almost $200 more). As a lady who knows little to nothing about cars, shops can be intimidating, and at their worst, exploitative of your lack of knowledge. I felt very comfortable in this shop, the owner was exceptionally friendly, informative, and fair. Will most definitely be returning for my future repair needs and spreading the word to friends and family about this new business. Give them your support!!!
I can just truly say. I was well pleased with the service I got bringing my car here! The service was absolutely on point. The owner was very nice and friendly and took really good care of me. He made sure he kept up with me about everything with my car. I love how they are very business structured. I would definitely recommend them to any. If you ever need your whip fixed take it down there. They'll get you right! :)