Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Familia Automotive in Stockton
Inspections & Emissions
Auto AC & Heating Services
General Auto Repair Services
I highly recommend Familia Auto. They took care of wheel bearings on my 2014 Forester. The diagnosis was spot-on and replacement was done quicker than what I could have gotten at dealership. Price was very reasonable as well. I plan on using for other maintenance needs.
Great quality work. Reasonable prices. I'm a woman and I'm able to trust this shop with my cars. He always makes time to fix my cars and gives me the options to get it fixed quickly and without breaking the bank. I'm appreciative of their excellent services
Right when I walked in I felt right at home
Familia Automotive have taken care of several parts replacements on my car, and - with a couple more repairs and general maintenance on the horizon - I can't wait to use them again! Friendly, calm atmosphere; professional and VERY knowledgeable staff; super clean and appealing facilities; quick and efficient service...all things that will absolutely make you want to give Familia Automotive your business.
Klent was very helpful kind and reliable walked me through everything he did to my car great customer service highly recommend him.
I just recently took both of my vehicles for service at Familia automotive . The customer service I received was outstanding. Klent and Steven went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with their work on my vehicles. They were able to diagnose my AC and now it's working like new. They did a undercarriage cleaning to find any leaks my vehicles had. My mustang was overheating bad, and they replaced my coolant hose within a timely matter and charged me affordable prices for labor and parts. Not only do they have good customer service their work is reliable and dependable. I would 100% recommend this shop to everyone.