Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Familia Automotive in Stockton
Auto AC & Heating Services
Emissions And Smog Testing
Inspections & Emissions
Great experience! Klent bent over backwards to help me. He does great work for a fair price. Here is a man of his word and puts the best interest of the customer first! Highly recommend!
I thought my car was going to get new control arms. BUT, I didn't because Klent went through it with a fine tooth comb. I appreciate his professionalism and most of all his honesty. Thank you for giving me hope that there are still people like you. Big ups and God bless you all at Familia Automotive.
I had a great experience, staff was so friendly, I took my Dodge Ram for a AC recharge, great and affordable pricing and they were fast, when I received my truck back man it blew so cold just like when I had originally purchased my truck. Definitely recommend them.
Very kind and courteous. They took a look at my car and provided information for a shop that can do the potential repairs to the engine since it would require certain equipment. They did do a diagnostic and were able to put some of my concerns to rest.
I was looking for a repair shop for my cars and came across Familia Automotive. I brought 2 of my cars in for diagnostic checks. Klent was very up front, friendly and professional. I will definitely be doing business here again, as well as recommending to family and friends.
Took my car to Robles Automotive to get it fixed. Robles had my car for months, finally got it, fix cost over 7 hundred dollars and still did not fix it. Went to Familia Automotive and they did an excellent job and was cheaper with a longer warranty. No more issues, car runs great and been going there since. Gets the job done.