Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
Familia Automotive have taken care of several parts replacements on my car, and - with a couple more repairs and general maintenance on the horizon - I can't wait to use them again! Friendly, calm atmosphere; professional and VERY knowledgeable staff; super clean and appealing facilities; quick and efficient service...all things that will absolutely make you want to give Familia Automotive your business.
I just recently took both of my vehicles for service at Familia automotive . The customer service I received was outstanding. Klent and Steven went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with their work on my vehicles. They were able to diagnose my AC and now it's working like new. They did a undercarriage cleaning to find any leaks my vehicles had. My mustang was overheating bad, and they replaced my coolant hose within a timely matter and charged me affordable prices for labor and parts. Not only do they have good customer service their work is reliable and dependable. I would 100% recommend this shop to everyone.